- Welcome to Russet House School
- Mission Statement And Aims
- What do we do ?
- School Values and British Values
- Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
- Work With Therapists
- The School Day
- School Meals and Healthy Eating
- Term Dates
- Our Staff
- Pupil Premium
- Measuring Pupil Progress
School Meals and Health Eating
Russet House has a kitchen on site where meals are prepared and served.
Enfield Catering Services provide the school meals, and use quality ingredients. Menus are nutritionally balanced and include seasonal and locally sourced produce.
- All eggs are free-range and locally sourced.
- Fruit and vegetables are seasonal and locally produced. For example, potatoes, cucumbers, onions and peppers come from Nazeing in Essex and apples and pears come from Kent.
- Meat comes from a butcher and is guaranteed to meet UK animal welfare standards (Farm-Assured as a minimum).
- All fish is Marine Stewardship Certified (MSC)
- Menus meet the Government’s Food, and Nutrient-based standards.
- A vegetarian option is always available
- No pork or pork products are served
Please let us know if your child has any special dietary requirements such as gluten or dairy-free.
Our meals are freshly cooked daily by qualified and fully trained staff. All Kitchen Supervisors are trained to at least the level of NVQ2 in Food Preparation and Cooking and many hold qualifications in Customer Care and Team Leadership.
Free School Meals
If you think your child may be entitled to a free school meal, please speak to your child’s school or call the Pupil Benefit Helpline on 020 8379 5367 (8.30am – 12pm then 2pm – 4pm).
Application for Free School Meals: please click here
Universal Infant Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are offered a free school meal. For application form please click here
You might like to visit the Enfield My School Meals Website by clicking on the link below - you will find nutrional information about school meals, the current menu at school and some educational games to play.